Free Re-Solv Volatile Substance AbuseTraining
Following on from the success of the Re-Solv training offered last year, Orkney ADP are once again offering a free training session relating to Volatile Substance Abuse.
The training aims to:
- Increase knowledge and understanding of the current issues that VSA presents to substance misuse and support services.
- To increase competence and confidence in recognising, assessing and effectively treating this often hidden form of misuse. To helo develop understanding about the dangers of VSA and sudden death.
- Help Identify substances that may be misused and common methods of abuse.
- Discuss prevalence and reasons for use including short term effects.
- Recognise possible indications of misuse, distinguishing between occasional and chronic use.
- Discuss mortality statistics and the associated dangers of use.
This training is completely free of charge and will be facilitated by Irene Scullion, Re-Solv's Training & Prevention Lead in Scotland.
The training will take place on Thursday 14th May 2020 at the Brodgar room, Clinical Skills Building, The Balfour, between 9.30 and 16.30.
Spaces are limited to 20 particpants so booking early is advised.
To book a spot on this training please contact Orkney ADP's Substance Misuse Development Officer, Matthew Thomas, via email - email@example.com
|File Size:||57.41 KB|
|Last Updated Date:||07-02-2020|