Sex, Drugs & Vulnerable Young People.
This 2 day interactive course will use different techniques to cover issues that vulnerable young people face in relation to sex and drug use, including sexual orientation and gender identity. It aims to help workers to recognise the importance of their role in delivering key messages to promote healthy relationships and harm reduction. The course will cover the different substances and the impact they have on sexual and reproductive health in addition to sex and the law, contraception, sexually transmitted infections and blood borne viruses.
By the end of this course participants will be able to:
- Identify vulnerabilities regarding drug use and sexual health.
- Recall what the law says with regards to sexual and reproductive health.
- Describe the impact of drug use on sexual and reproductive health.
- State basic information on contraception and sexually transmitted infections.
- Understand the challenges faced by young people around sexual orientation and gender identity.
- Build confidence in talking to young people about healthy and unhealthy relationships.
- Challenge perceptions and beliefs around sexual and reproductive health and drug use.
Taking Place at:
Brodgar B Room, Balfour Hospital, Kirkwall.
30th September 2019 to 1st October 2019 – 10.00 to 16.00
Register for this training session HERE.