Following on from last year's successful delivery of the course on Sex, Drugs & Vulnerable Young People, to staff in NHS Orkney & OIC Social Services, at the end of last year, we have re-commissioned Scottish Drugs Forum to come back to Orkney and to deliver this brilliant training for staff in wider settings!
There are 15 spaces available and this was an oversubscribed course last year so it is highly recommended that you book early.
The course will run on the 18th & 19th of March 2020 and is being held at the Nurture Room in the OIC offices at School Place from 10.00 to 16.00
This is a two day course, delivered by SDF’s Adrienne Hannah - http://www.sdf.org.uk/about-us/staff-page/adrienne-hannah/ - and covers the following:
• Identify vulnerabilities regarding drug use and sexual health
• Recall what the law says with regards to sexual and reproductive health
• Describe the impact of drug use on sexual and reproductive health
• Understand the challenges faced by young people around sexual orientation and gender identity
• Build confidence in talking to young people about healthy and unhealthy relationships
To sign up for this course your staff will need to register for the SDF training website, then book on to the course here: https://www.sdftraining.org.uk/training/ig-events/805-sex-drugs-and-vulnerable-young-people-18-03-20
If you have any queries please feel free to get in touch either with SDF or Orkney ADP's Substance Misuse Development Officer, Matthew Thomas - firstname.lastname@example.org